This handicap door opener provides for easy opening of both interior and exterior doors in busy commercial and public settings. Our jamb mount unit is designed to install on the door jamb above a door that opens outwards. Its function is to push the door open and it always partners with a door closer on the opposite side of the opener which closes the door once the opener times out and the arm withdraws back into the unit. A minimum clearance of 5 1/2" of clear space is necessary above the door and the ceiling. If this is not available and the door is around 90"-96" high our inverted jamb mount handicapped door opener may be the solution for a successful installation.
4300 Handicap Door Openers include:
• Beige box color - for Bronze color choose option which adds $35 to base cost
• Miscellaneous installation hardware and stainless steel scuff plate
• Adjustable hold open time up to 30 seconds or set as push to open, push to close
• Power switch for on/off control
• Three prong power cord, 9ft long with optional 20' cord also available as an add on option
• Stainless steel blank strike plate
• Two installation safety decals 61/2" in size
Simple to Install:
• Every handicap door opener ships complete with detailed installation instructions and appropriate drawings
• Fits directly on the door jamb usually with no further modifications necessary
• Power cord included plugs directly into standard outlet located within 9ft of the opener
• Extremely low maintenance-typically all that is required is a few drops of oil and a bit of grease annually
Works in Many Locations:
• These handicapped door openers work on most interior and exterior doors
• Offered in both left and right hand applications
• Choose the 4300 Jamb mount to push your door open and the 4300 door mount if you need to pull the door open
• For limited space of less than 51/2" above the door and ceiling select the inverted jamb mount model
• For deep jambs of more than 4 3/8" a deep reveal unit is available and a door mounted opener is available to pull the door open
Many Accessories Available:
• Wireless and wired wall button switches as well as a wall switch for exposure to weather
• Hand-Held or Pendent type Remote Controls with coding options
• Multi Code Keyless Keypads
• Electric Strike-pushes the door latch away from the door jamb and is required when the door does not swing freely
• High quality, fully adjustable, weather proof door closers rated to minus 30 degrees Fahrenheit
• Continuous operation during power outages with our Battery Back Up option
See 4300 Accessories and Switches to add any of these products to your 4300 Door Opener purchase.
Built in Safety Features
• The electric door opener arm is not attached to the door which allows the door to swing freely when not being used automatically. A wheel at the end of the door opener arm rolls against the face of the door or trim above the door, pushing or pulling the door open (depending on door or jamb mount installation)
• The door can always be opened manually from either side without involving the remote door opener
• Traffic flow is not hindered by the door opener and allows the door to swing freely when opened manually
• Always used in conjunction with a conventional manual door closer, either surface-mounted or concealed on the opposite side of the automatic opener
• A built-in load sensing circuit automatically stops the automatic door opener arm and returns to the closed position if the door meets an obstruction which acts to protect the device as well as users
• Thermally protected drive motor
• Hold-open time of the door is adjustable up to 30 seconds in length. May also be set as a push to open and push to close function
Dimensions: 18 1/2"W X 8 1/2"H X 7"D
Requires at least 51/2" above top of door & ceiling for Jamb Mount units & at least 8 1/2" for Door Mount units between door and wall behind door when door is open to 90 degrees. (Refer to the Inverted Jamb Mount model tab for extra high doors-8'0 or taller.)
Weight: 19 lbs
Electrical: 115-60-3 (9ft power cord-optional 20ft power cord also available)
Cover: Beige painted welded steel frame with ABS plastic housing ( Optional Bronze upgrade)
Cycle Time: 7second cycle time
The 4300 Commercial ADA Compliant handicap door opener is designed to function in high use commercial & public applications. It is ADA Compliant when installed correctly.
The arm of the handicap door opener does not attach to the door so the door swings freely without resistance until the wall switch is activated which sends a signal to open the door. A door closer is necessary on the opposite side of the remote door opener to close the door.
Handicap door openers should always be installed on the inside of the space to protect them from the weather and possible vandalism.
The jamb-mount door opener pushes the door open and door-mount model pulls the door open. The type of unit you will need to order is determined by evaluating if you need to push or pull the door open with the door opener mounted on the inside of the structure.
We highly recommend the use of our weather box wall switch (4495SQWR) for exterior installations. It is designed to withstand extreme temperatures and will last considerably longer than our regular non-weather box switch (4495SQ). No warranty is offered for non-weather box switches installed on the outside of structure.
While all our switches are available both wired and wireless (with 9v battery), our Model 4300 handicap door opener requires factory installation of a remote receiver (4470) in the unit so that it may receive a wireless signal.
4300 Installation Instructions
4300 Survey Sheet
4300 Electrical Details