Our automatic door openers are designed to provide for easy opening and closing of interior and exterior doors in high use public applications. They are ADA compliant when correctly installed. This 4300 jamb mount handicap door opener is intended for all commercial applications when the door opens outwards-it pushes the door open to the exterior. The opener is attached to the jamb above the door and requires at least 5 1/2" of clear space above the door & ceiling.
Included with our Beige 4300 Automatic Door Openers (for 4301 bronze unit add $35)
• Adjustable timed hold opener
• Stainless steel scuff plate
• Miscellaneous installation hardware
• On/off switch
• 9' power cord with three prong plug (optional 20' cord also available)
• Bland latch stainless steel strike plate
• Two 6 1/2" intallation safety decals
• Complete instructions are packed with every remote door opener
• No modification of the door or jambs is required
• Plugs right into a regular 115vac wall outlet
• Virtually maintenance free (a couple of drops of oil and a bit of grease every year is all it takes)
• Fits in most interior and exterior door applications
• Left and right hand automatic door openers are available
• Jamb mount (pushes door open to the exterior) or door mount (pulls door open to the interior)
• Inverted model, for limited room above the door-if ceiling is less than 5 1/2" above top of door
• Deep reveal and door mounted door opener units for special applications
An Array of Companion Controls available
• Push Plate or Button Wall Switches (wired & wireless)
• Coded Hand-Held or Pendent Remote Controls
• Keypad Keyless Entry Systems with multi-code set up possible
• Electric Door Locks (Strikes). Required if door is latched and does not-swing freely
• Door Closers (required on opposite side of handicap door openers
• Battery Back-ups
See 4300 Accessories and Switches to add any of these products to your 4300 Door Opener purchase.
Built in Safety Features
• The electric door opener arm is not attached to the door which allows the door to swing freely when not being used automatically. A wheel at the end of the door opener arm rolls against the face of the door or trim above the door, pushing or pulling the door open (depending on door or jamb mount installation)
• The door can always be opened manually from either side without involving the remote door opener
• Traffic flow is not hindered by the door opener and allows the door to swing freely when opened manually
• Always used in conjunction with a conventional manual door closer, either surface-mounted or concealed on the opposite side of the automatic opener
• A built-in load sensing circuit automatically stops the automatic door opener arm and returns to the closed position if the door meets an obstruction which acts to protect the device as well as users
• Thermally protected drive motor
• Hold-open time of the door is adjustable up to 30 seconds in length. May also be set as a push to open and push to close function
Dimensions: 18 1/2"W X 8 1/2"H X 7"D
Requires at least 51/2" above top of door & ceiling for Jamb Mount units & at least 8 1/2" for Door Mount units between door and wall behind door when door is open to 90 degrees. (Refer to the Inverted Jamb Mount model tab for extra high doors-8'0 or taller.)
Weight: 19 lbs
Electrical: 115-60-3 (9ft power cord-optional 20ft power cord also available)
Cover: Beige painted welded steel frame with ABS plastic housing ( Optional Bronze upgrade)
Cycle Time: 7second cycle time
The 4300 Commercial ADA Compliant automatic door opener is designed to function in high use commercial & public applications. It is ADA Compliant when installed correctly.
The arm of the handicap door opener does not attach to the door so the door swings freely without resistance until the wall switch is activated which sends a signal to open the door. A door closer is necessary on the opposite side of the remote door opener to close the door.
Handicap door openers should always be installed on the inside of the space to protect them from the weather and possible vandalism.
The jamb-mount electric door opener pushes the door open and door-mount automatic opener pulls the door open. The type of unit you will need to order is determined by evaluating if you need to push or pull the door open with the door opener mounted on the inside of the structure.
We highly recommend the use of our weather box wall switch (4495SQWR) for exterior installations. It is designed to withstand extreme temperatures and will last considerably longer than our regular non-weather box switch (4495SQ). No warranty is offered for non-weather box switches installed on the outside of structure.
While all our switches are available both wired and wireless (with 9v battery), our Model 4300 handicap door opener requires factory installation of a remote receiver (4470) in the unit so that it may receive a wireless signal.
4300 Installation Instructions
4300 Survey Sheet
4300 Electrical Details