Don't let that swing door be a "Dead End"-Consider door automation and welcome Everyone into your space with one of our ADA door opener systems. Submit one of our easy to complete Electric Door Opener Survey Forms carefully designed to simplify making the right choice for the correct door mount, switch and accessory choice for your specific door operation. Click “submit” and we will provide specialized recommendations for your specific remote control door opener installation. It's that simple. Shop now by visiting one of the categories below or skip to automatic door openers FAQS where you'll find loads of information.
Packages include a handicap door opener and accessories grouped into kits with our lowest pricing. Many options available that best fit your swing door installation.
Complete packages include our most popular auto door openers with a handicap push button switch in a variety of combinations.
For ADA compliance in CA where four power door actuators are required choose from Jamb or Door Mount kits with or without radio control operation.
Shop for an electric door opener for houses . Add the accessories of your choose separately for your unique door system and specific door layout.
Choose your mounting preference for an ADA compliant door opener for businesses and add accessories as you wish.
For an ADA push button door opener choose from a variety of surface mount handicap switches to activate your automatic door opener. Available both wired and wireless
Select accessories to complete your handicap door opener installation by choosing accessories that are compatible with our handicapped door openers.
Complete an easy to submit Survey Form. By answering a few questions about your installation we can guide you to the remote opener and accessories for your specific installation needs.
Find answers to the most commonly asked questions about the power access remote access door openers and watch videos demonstrating the automatic door openers in action.
Facilitate closed door independence and disabled access for those in wheelchairs or anyone with limited mobility with a Power Access handicap door opener, US made in Connecticut for over 35 years.
Open the door with our heavy duty Model 4300 ADA door opener or our light-use Model 2300 Residential automatic door opener and find all the accessories such as keypads, a pushbutton and a door closer necessary to complete your remote control door system. Our swing door operator works on all hinged doors and is available as a door mount or jamb mount application. Our electric strike accessory enables even a locked door to become an automated door for full disabled access.
Our automatic door opener ADA unit will hold the door open and our door closer will close the door once it reaches the designated time limit. A closed door can be opened manually without resistance of any type using this commercially rated swing door operator.
The residential automatic door opener will open and close any door as the arm is permanently attached so this swing door opener is best for applications where the door will be used as a remote control door the majority of the time. Both our handicap door openers offer freedom for disabled people but choosing the correct model will directly affect how well it will perform for you over the years
Automatic Door Opener Frequently Asked Questions:
Why should I submit a completed Survey with my order?
• We want to make every reasonable effort to assure that you are ordering the correct combination of equipment especially as every application is unique. Understanding how to order a complete door operator system can be confusing the first time out and we have found (after 25 years as a Power Access door opener dealer) that often the incorrect equipment is ordered or the order is incomplete. Your door system Survey helps us assure that you are ordering everything correctly and saves you restocking charges and wasted time correcting an error.
Is there an option to order without a Survey?
• Yes you can check the box stating that you understand the risk of not supplying a Survey and waive the right to return your handicapped door opener by not submitting a Survey. In this case no exceptions will be considered for return of any product.
Do I need a door operator specialist to do the installation?
• Both our door opener models are simple to install and require almost no maintenance other than a couple of drops of oil and grease annually. A skilled handyman, carpenter or electrician should be able to install them using our detailed installation instructions that are supplied with every swing door operator order. No modifications of the door or jamb are necessary when the correct opener is purchased. They plug directly into a standard 110v outlet with the 9ft supplied power cord. A 20ft option is also available.
Should I use the Power Access model 4300 or 2300 door operator?
• The model 2300 automatic door opener residential unit is for residential installation only and the 4300 handicap door opener commercial unit is used in all commercial & public applications. Both handicap door opener models function very well on hinged doors when installed in the correct application.
Are your openers ADA compliant?
• Yes our model 4300 is ADA compliant when correctly installed and this is one of the reasons it is used in public applications. It’s a versatile door opener offering simple and safe disabled access to disabled people and those relying on wheelchairs.
What else will I need to complete my installation?
• You will need to decide what type of switch to use in operating either of our operators. We offer a choice of wall push button switches (wired or wireless), single button remote controls (similar to a garage door opener) and coded keypads.
• If the door is latched (does not swing freely) you will also require an electric strike which is connected to the opener and pushes the latch away from the door jamb when it receives a signal to open. The same applies to a locked door. Without this our door system will just reset itself as a result of too much resistance because the latch does not free itself from the strike on the closed door. This helps avoid damage to the swing door operator and also prevents injury if it comes in contact with a user.
• If you select a wireless push button switch with our Model 4300, our factory will need to install an additional wireless receiver in the opener to accept the wireless signal. Our Model 2300 residential handicap door opener includes the wireless receiver at no additional cost. When ordering the 4300 ADA door opener unit you will need to add the wireless receiver separately.
Will I need a door closer to close the door with my opener?
• Our Model 4300 will open the door by pushing or pulling it open when signaled to do so. In order for the door to operate freely when opened without the opener, the operator arm does not attach to the door. As a result a separate door closer is required on the opposite side of the swing door opener to close the door. We offer high quality, adjustable, weather resistant door closers rated to -30 degrees Fahrenheit that function very well with our openers.
• The arm of the Model 2300 handicapped door opener is attached to the door or door frame. It will open and close the door all in a complete function so a door closer is not necessary. With this door system, resistance will be felt when opening and closing the door manually and the equipment may wear prematurely if opened in this manner too frequently. It is designed to function on your closed door as an automatic swing door opener rather than being used as a manual operated door system.
Do your switches and accessories work with other door openers or applications?
• We are not able to guarantee a positive result when using any of our door system with other brands of equipment. As a result we recommend seeking some other solution if you are not using one of our door openers. Items purchased from us for use with other manufacturer's equipment are not returnable.
Do the door openers install on the door or on the wall above?
• We offer both door mount and jamb-mount units. The jamb mount pushes the door open and the door mount pulls it open. In all cases both our swing door openers must be installed inside and out of the weather.
Can I install your door system on both out-swing or in-swing doors?
• Yes both the residential and commercial operators work well on either application & can be installed on a left or right hinge door as well as on the push or pull side of most swing doors.
Are your models installed on the inside or outside of the door?
• To prevent damage from weather exposure and possible vandalism all our handicap door openers must always be installed inside.
Do you have a push button switch that can be installed exposed to weather?
• Our #4495SQWR wall button switch is designed for exposure to weather and is recommended for all locations where the switch will be unprotected from the elements.
Is manual use of the door affected when I install either of your models?
• Our two models are designed for different applications and should be ordered accordingly.
• The arm of the Model 4300 automatic door opener only comes in contact with the door or jamb when it receives a signal to open the door. At all other times the door swings freely which is why this is the best application for commercial and public applications where the door will be used more often manually.
• The arm of our Model 2300 residential automatic door openers is attached permanently the door and although geared at a high ratio like a 5th gear in a car, there will always be some resistance on the door when opened manually. This unit is best for residential and individual use applications when the door will be used a majority of the time as an automated door.
Will your automatic door opener work with a card reader ?
• Yes our door opener can be controlled by a card reader with a direct connection from the card reader controller. This requires integrating the card reader controller with the opener by a dry contact closure. This may be programmable with the existing system, or it may require a relay depending on the system. The supplier of the card reader system can easily make this interface to the dry contact closure terminals on our main PCB.
Where are your automatic door openers manufactured?
• All our remote control door operators are US made and have been manufactured for over 35 years in Hartford, CT.
How long will it take before I receive my order?
• Both the models typically ship from our East Coast factory in about 2 weeks. Expedited production in the factory "may" also be available which will reduce the production time to only 2-3 days from receipt of order in our factory (EDT). Our Free shipping includes UPS Ground which can take 2-6 days to deliver (once it ships) based on distance from our factory. If you need overnight or two day air, please call us for a quote.
Can the door system hold-open time be adjusted?
• Yes both our automatic door systems can be manually adjusted for a hold open up to 30 seconds or set to require a manual signal to close when the user is ready.
Do you offer after sales support?
• We are committed to all our customers ordering the right equipment and the accessories necessary for a trouble-free installation. As a result we offer excellent technical and customer support before and after the purchase. We would prefer that a customer not purchase from us rather than have a negative experience.
All prices are in USD.