Model 4300 Automatic Door Opener FAQ’s
What is the difference between the 4300 & 2300 automatic door openers?
- The Power Access Model 4300 handicap door openers are designed for commercial use and is ADA Compliant when correctly installed. It may also be used for residential applications with an automatic door closer.
Where is this auto opener manufactured?
- Our automatic door openers are all US made and have been manufactured in Connecticut for over 30 years.
Can the door be used without the automatic opener?
- As the arm of this door opener automatic is not attached, the door will function regularly until the button is activated sending a message to the unit to open the door.
Can this model be installed on any door?
- Handicapped door openers work on the pull & push side of a hinged door as either jamb mount or door mount. They should always be installed out of the weather. A door mount unit is typically installed on an in-swing door and a jamb mount on an out-swing handicap automatic door.
Is this automatic opener easy to install and how about maintenance?
- The 4300 commercial automatic openers are easily installed in 2-4 hours and typically only require a drop or two of oil and some grease is annually.
What options are available with the 4300 automatic openers?
- All our door openers automatic are available with a choice of wired & wireless wall switches & hand held remotes similar to a garage door opener. A coded key pad system is also available as is an electric door lock for added security.
Can I open the door during a power outage?
- The Power Access automatic door opener functions manually during a power outage. For users who are not able to operate a manual door we also offer a battery backup system.
How long does it take for the unit to open the door?
- These handicap door openers open the door in a seven second cycle time. It includes an adjustable timed hold open feature for 0-30 seconds or a hold open feature that requires a signal to close. A separate door closer must be installed on the opposite side of the opener in order to close the door.
Do I need electrical nearby for my automatic door opener?
- A 9ft power cord is supplied with the automatic door opener to plug into an outlet. A 20ft cord is also available as an option.