Model 2300 Automatic Door Opener FAQ's
What is the difference between the 2300 & 4300 automatic door openers?
- The Power Access Model 2300 automatic door opener is designed for light residential use and the 4300 is designed for ADA compliant commercial use. The 4300 may be used for residential applications too but the 2300 will not work in public high use applications.
Where are the auto openers manufactured?
- All our automatic door openers are US made and have been manufactured in Connecticut for over 30 years.
Can the door be used without the handicap opener?
- Yes, although there will be some resistance felt and it is possible to dislodge the automatic openers arm if the door is opened too quickly. This model is best when a handicap automatic door is required for access most of the time and will not be used manually very much.
Can the model 2300 be installed on any type of door?
- Handicapped door openers work on the pull & push side of a hinged door as either jamb mount or door mount. They should always be installed out of the weather which usually requires a door mount unit for an in-swing door and a jamb mount for an out-swing handicap automatic door.
How much maintenance is required for my automatic opener?
- Our 2300 automatic openers are easily installed in 2-4 hours and require very minimal maintenance. A drop or two of oil and some grease is typically all that is required annually.
What options are available with the Model 2300 openers?
- Our door openers automatic are available with a choice of wired & wireless wall switches & hand held remotes similar to a garage door opener. A coded key pad system is also available as is an electric door lock for added security.
Can I open the door during a power outage?
- Power Access automatic door openers all function manually during a power outage. For users who are not able to operate a manual door we also offer a battery backup system.
How long does it take for the door to open with the automatic opener?
- The handicap door opener opens and closes the door in a seven second cycle time and includes an adjustable timed hold open feature for 0-30 seconds or a hold open feature that requires a signal to close.
Do I need electrical nearby for my automatic opener?
- A 9ft power cord is supplied with the automatic door opener to plug into an outlet. We also offer an upgrade option for a 20ft cord.
Do I need a door closer to close my door?
- The 2300 functions with the arm attached to your door so that it opens and closes the door without the need for a separate door closer.